An Introduction To Project Management - Course Overview
This is an intensive one-day Public Course providing an introduction to key Project Management skills, techniques and methods. The course makes close reference to current formal, dynamic and agile project methods (e.g. Prince2:2009, DSDM, Atern, Scrum and Kanban).
Project Management is a continuous learning process built up of varying measures of experience, aptitude and knowledge. This course provides an introduction to the methods, techniques and skills required.
The course is comprised of pre-course contact (unless otherwise requested), detailed instruction, demonstrations, exercises and post-course contact (unless otherwise requested).
The course is aimed at:
* Existing project managers wishing to refine and expand their skill set to encompass the latest methods and techniques.
* Newly appointed and budding project managers.
* Team managers.
* Business and systems analysts.
* Those looking to move into or adopt a project management role within the IT industry.
- Become a more effective and productive Project Manager.
- Understand the different approaches to Formal, Dynamic and Agile projects, their philosophies, processes, purpose and places within a project.
- Understand primary Project Management Techniques and Tools.
- Understand the complexities of building and managing Project Teams.
- Understand the value and purpose of project costs, plans and risk management.
- Understand how to manage project flow, timescales and deliverables.
- Be aware of and manage resourcing issues.
- Become aware of the importance and complexities of good client and supplier relationship management.
- Understand the importance of effective communications with sponsors, executives, users and project team members.
The course is structured around current methods and utilises Prince2:2009, Atern, Scrum and Kanban.
This intensive, one day course has been designed to answer the following:
- What are the fundamental requirements for good Project Management?
- How do you build and maintain efficient and productive teams?
- What is the relevance of and what are the advantages and potential pitfalls of adopting recognised Project Management Methods and Techniques?
- How can Agile Methods be integrated, adopted and operated in a quality aware manner?
- What are the Key Elements of a Project and how are these managed?
- How can Projects be effectively Planned, Risks Managed and Progress Measured Effectively?
- What are the Key Project Management Tools and Practises, how do you use them and when are they used?
- Project Team Structures and Resourcing.
- Project Communications.
- Client and Supplier Relationships.
- Project Initiation and Viability.
- Requirements Gathering.
- Estimation methods.
- Project Phases, Milestones and Sign-offs.
- Risk analysis and management.
- Deliverables and Implementations.
- Project Documentation.